Real-War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faster exhaust

5 posters

Go down

Faster exhaust Empty Faster exhaust

Post  Worr Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:43 pm

I vote for faster exhaust.

Offensive: 1 or 1.5 second
Defensive: 1 second

To make it harder to survive in duels, you have way to long time to draw energy ring now. Also to make it possible to solo people on mistakes because now you have time to miss UH and exura vita after without any problems.

By the way, did anybody notice exhaust seems bugged sometimes? Shouldnt magic wall give offensive exhaust? Sometimes after you get hit you have time to sd back and then spam vita hotkey before enemy spam ue hotkey.

Worr

Back to top Go down

Faster exhaust Empty Re: Faster exhaust

Post  jimmyjimmyjimmept Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:12 pm

yeah it can weirdly sometimes happen like:

a: hits SD
b: hits SD
b: uses UH
a: uses ue

arshalo told me that pvp enforced had a 1/1 exhaust formula, and he's never wrong about something tibia related ^^ (he also played inferna.) well this is a pvp enforced server so i think real-war should definately have a 1/1 system. (nice and simplistic, needs quick reactions, might attract some hopto and outcast players as well as tibianic)

jimmyjimmyjimmept

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:14 am

1/1 is wrong, and the example you made is also wrong. The exhaust system was changed by purpose because OT's exhaust is wrong. The exhaust system I got now that we modified is looking at the exhaust timer.

Example:

A:SD - 2 seconds
B:SD - 2 seconds
B:UE - 2 seconds

2 seconds exhaust on all these.

B:SD - 2 seconds
A:UH/EXURAVITA - 1 second
B:UE - 2 seconds

Basically, what this does is that if you use a SD on other ots and then try to heal, it takes 2 seconds, because it looks at the previous exhaust which was either SD / UE. But my system, ignores that and check the exhaust from spells and see if it's an aggressive spell or not. If it's not then it's only a second exhaust.

But like I said on OTLand, it would be impossible to play a 1/1 server, you'd see the ues, fly like it was healings flying. Imagine spamming ue's in a second of exhaust, that would be ridicilously fast. I do not say he's a liar or that he is mistaken, because I do not have any source on that, but I do not believe in this until I see some real source of prooving the opposite.

Admin
Admin

https://real-war.forumsv.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Worr Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:39 pm

I remember Arshalo said it too. I think he is definately a trusted source on this. From what I heard he was a famous highlevel in Inferna (?) who played for many years. He should know exhaust times on pvp-enforced seeing as he also tested all spell formulas and can give you all possible values on a spell on a certain magic level and level with probably 99% accuracy. But he is also inactive (from what I know) at the moment. Ive been trying to get in touch with him but its hard ^^

Worr

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedziem Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:08 am

In old tibia sd exhaust was 2 second. 1.5 it just OTS imagination Razz

Jedziem

Back to top Go down

Post  Xyvero Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:45 pm

Jedziem wrote:In old tibia sd exhaust was 2 second. 1.5 it just OTS imagination Razz

Actually your wrong. The correct exhaust time for sds was actually 1.8 not 2.

Think about this logically as to why. Lets PRETEND that healing exhausts are 1 second, and offensive exhausts are 2 seconds.

An ek heals 500 with Uh.
The combo of a team is 1k damage.

If this ek heals 500, and the team does 1k, he will NEVER EVER DIE unless he misses a UH or he has less than 1k life. This means, that in old tibia, assuming the exhausts are 1 and 2 seconds, it would NEVER be possible to combo down an Ek unless you do TWICE his healing + X amount. This is illogical and wrong. This means that Ek's are seldom to never able to be combo'd DOWN. You need a full life combo or as I said before, 2x healing + x to kill an ek.

If the exhausts are 1.2 and 1.8 (which they should be) then to combo an ek down, you simply need to outdamage his healing which is exactly what was done in old times. Do not speak if you do not know.

Furthermore, if the exhaust is 1 second then it becomes humanly IMPOSSIBLE to "over exhaust" yourself. This means that no matter HOW FAST you spam healing, you wont over exhaust and potentially miss a healing. There WAS a possibility back in the old days to possibly heal to fast and die because of it due to the exahsut created.

HOWEVER - pvp enfo was always different than regular servers.

Xyvero

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:03 am

Xyvero, believing that you have the correct formula because you think so, won't make people apply to it, unless you get facts saying that this is the way it was. Even though, you made a clear explaination of why it was like this and why this update should be applied, you still need to put up prooves to the table in order to make us believe in you. And I never tried the 1.8/1.2, I might try it later. But I rather have prooves first, because then I ask you, why does Wikipedia say 2/1 in exhaust for the 8.7 client?

I do not rely on Wikipedia, not at all, however. They are atleast a fansite, and you are no offence, nothing.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xyvero Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:54 pm

Fansites are made up of players like myself you know right? Irrelevent though. Keep in mind, wiki is the NEW clients, and the update library isnt what you can call, historically inclined. They dont have enough about each update because back in the day, tibia-wiki was still not very popular or even known about by everybody as it is today.

And the answer is that one update that involved hotkeys changed the exhausts from what I said to 1/2. I want to say the 8.0 update but I can not be sure which, but I do know for a fact that it was at one point switched during a client at or above 8.0. Exori vis also used to be 1.2 seconds to cast while every other offensive spell was 1.8. Wiki doesnt mention that either. (because its not historically accurate about tibia)

Wiki also does not talk about the "delay" of your melee/ranged attacks after using an offensive/defensive spell. Doesnt mean that it didnt exist.

If you want proof, take a look at any cam of an Ek being combo'd down by a pk team or something and try to run some sort of timing program between heals since .2 is impossible to tell by the human eye. I fail to see why my explanation doesnt hands down make you believe me though. Your asking for proof of a very hard thing. The part about overexhausting, surely you know that is true which almost makes the rest of it at the very least, plausible. You can doubt the offensive spells, but if you remember trying to uh too fast and getting exhausted, that proves 1 second isnt the correct number for healing spells 100%.

Xyvero

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:47 am

I was already convinced in the first post, that there's a possibility for this to be true, and the second point got the possibility to grow even more. Therefore the server's exhaust timer has been accelerated to 1800 in aggressive exhaust and 1200 in normal incl. exori vis/mort/flam.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down